The Spring School for International Students in Frontier and Interdisciplinary Sciences is an innovative program for international students funded by the International College of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) and Alliance of International Science Organizations in the Belt and Road Region (ANSO) Scholarship Program, and is open to all UCAS students. The spring school will focus on the relevance and cross-cutting nature of the program and the deep integration of science and education. The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is promoting the integration of science and education, the model of integration of institutions, and building a center of excellence in science and education integration together with CAS institutes. The establishment of the International College aims to further take advantage of the scientific and educational resources of CAS, accelerate the pace of international development of UCAS and CAS, create a diversified international academic atmosphere, and promote the development of international student education. The guiding principle of IC-UCAS is “unified enrollment, education management and degree conferment; faculty-institute’s intergration on leadership, faculty, management and cultivating system”. With the concept of “Internationalization, Openness, Comprehensiveness and Perceptiveness”, International College will strive to become a unique and world renewed college.
The 2023 Spring School will be held in Hangzhou from May 15 to May 19, 2023, by the Hangzhou Institute of Advanced Study，UCAS and Technology and International Centre for Theoretical Physics Asia-Pacific (ICTP-AP). The Spring School will bring together high-level faculty from relevant institutes of CAS to teach participants about frontier topics and research methods in the field of basic science for sustainable development, mainly involving disciplines such as life and health, physical photovoltaics, ecology and environment, and chemical materials.
Details of the relevant enrollment matters are as follows:
I. Application requirements
International students of UCAS
II. Application method
1. Application period: from now on, the deadline for application is May 14, 2023.
2. Visit the website https://ic-en.ucas.ac.cn/form/140 or scan QR code to register.
3. Fill out the attached "Spring School Application Form for International Students at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences".
4. Print the application form and have it signed by your supervisor.
5. Submit the form signed by the supervisor to the educational department of your institute or department for approval.
6. The educational department of the institute shall inform the International College of the names and student numbers of the approved students by email by the end of the day on May 14 (institutes can keep the hard copies of students' application forms).
7. In order to better adapt to the new situation of education development at home and abroad, to further improve the quality and ability of our education management cadres, to enhance the knowledge and understanding of national policies and international education situation, and to cultivate a high quality and high-level education management cadres with international vision and innovative spirit, the university will continue to conduct training courses for education management cadres simultaneously in this spring school. Education management cadres of the Institute are welcome to register directly by email.
III. Enrollment quota
40 students (students + education management cadres)
IV. Admissions and Financial Assistance
The education department of each institute and department will review and decide whether or not to accept students and provide financial support (note: considering the specific situation of the host institution and the limited number of places in the spring school, the institute or department will determine the number of places together with the International College and then inform the students of the acceptance status). The financial support will include: The Spring School organizers will support all regular students' tuition and fees and provide teaching materials; the institutes and departments will support the accommodation during the registration and class period (from the evening of May 15 to 12 noon on the 20th) and reimburse the round-trip travel expenses between the city of the participant and Hangzhou (the mode of transportation will be set by each nstitutes and departments). During the study period, students are responsible for their own daily catering costs.
V. Check-in requirements
Check-in time: May 15, 2023 14:00-19:00
Check-in location: Hangzhou Institute of Advanced Study, UCAS, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province
Team leader: Each institute and department will decide by itself (for safety reasons, it is recommended that institutes and departments with a large number of participants be led by education officers)
The International College of UCAS
Hangzhou Institute of Advanced Study, UCAS
Phone Number: （0571）86087962
Welcome to join us and spark