Reminders for UCAS International Students in 2022 Winter Vacation
As the 2022 winter vacation is approaching, in order to protect your health and safety and ensure a safe and peaceful vacation, we hereby kindly remind you to pay attention to the followings:
Ⅰ. Maintain Good Personal Protection
No matter where you are, please wear a mask when you are outside and wash your hands frequently. You are encouraged to bring your own cutlery when eating in the cafeteria. Be sure to manage your own health, and once you have symptoms such as fever, dry cough, change in smell or taste, you should report to your host institute as soon as possible, and seek medical treatment in time.
Ⅱ. Cooperate With the University to Fight the Epidemic
According to the requirements of Beijing authority, for students whose host institutes are in Beijing, please cooperate with UCAS in anti-epidemic work.
1. Report truthfully your health status and location information every day as required to your host institute. Avoid gathering in groups or walking around in public places.
2. During the winter vacation, UCAS Beijing campuses will continue to implement relatively-closed management. Students who live on-campus should not leave the campus unless it is necessary. If it is necessary to leave the campus, you are required to submit your application through the "Student Journey Management" Online System .
3. Do not leave Beijing unless necessary. If you really need to leave Beijing for some reason, please find out the epidemic situation and prevention and control measures of the destination in advance. Before leaving, be sure to ask your host institute for leave in advance, and remember to bring enough anti-epidemic items such as masks with you.
3.1 Do not travel to Medium/High-risk areas. Do not travel to neither prefecture-level cities where one or more COVID-19 confirmed local cases are found within 14 days, or counties (county-level city, district or banner) where land border crossings are located.
Note: According to the current regulations in Beijing, people with a travel or residence history in a county (county-level city, district, banner) where one or more confirmed local cases are found within 14 days, are strictly restricted from entering (returning to) Beijing. People with a travel or residence history in a county (county-level city, district or banner) where land border ports are located within 14 days, are prohibited from entering (returning to) Beijing unless absolutely necessary.
3.2 If your travel or residence place in winter vocation is in a medium-high risk area, or if there are confirmed cases, suspected cases, asymptomatic infected persons, and close contacts of COVID-19 among the people living together, you should postpone your return to UCAS Beijing campuses until approval is obtained after the situation improves.
3.3 If your travel or residence place is dynamically adjusted to a Medium/High-risk area, you should implement prevention and control measures in accordance with local requirements, and report to your host institute in a timely manner.
3.4 Students returning to campus from outside Beijing must present a negative nucleic acid test result obtained within 48 hours, show "green code" of the Communication Big Data Travel Card and the green code of the "Beijing Health Kit" before boarding. Before returning to UCAS Beijing campuses, you should submit your application through the "Student Back-to-Campus Platform" for approval by your host institute.
3.5 Students returning to campus must truthfully report their health status to their host institutes. If they or their family members have symptoms such as fever and cough, they should seek medical attention in time and delay returning to campus.
3.6 Students who are unable to return to campus at the appointed time for some reason must explain the situation to the college or research institute or ask for leave in advance.
Ⅲ. Safety Precautions
During the holidays, please pay more attention to your personal safety, traffic safety, property safety and food safety. Please pay special attention to the followings:
1. Students who stay in UCAS Beijing campuses during the holidays should take strict precautions against fire. Smoking, cooking, and using high-power electrical appliances in the dormitory are strictly prohibited. Before leaving the dormitory, you should organize the dormitory items, close the doors and windows, and turn off the power and water sources. And please keep your valuables safe.
2. It is forbidden to engage in crowd fighting, gambling, drug taking, drug trafficking, prostitution, illegal work and other activities in violation of Chinese laws. Illegal preaching and religious activities in public places on campus are also prohibited.
3. Lakes and rivers are frozen in the cold winter. It would be very dangerous to walk on the ice. Please stay away from the frozen lake and river, and pay attention to your own safety.
4. Do not take unlicensed or overloaded vehicles.
5. Be sure to enhance prevention awareness and coping ability to prevent being deceived, pay special attention to avoid involving pyramid selling organizations, and beware of telecommunication & online fraud.
6. Do not play in crowded or undeveloped areas, and pay attention to personal safety on water and mountains. When going to a remote place, whether it is a group or individual travel, you should report to your host institute in advance.
7. If you choose to travel with a tour group, please find a regulated and formal travel agency, and remember to go to the local police station for temporary accommodation registration within 24 hours.
8. Winter is a fire-prone period, so when going outside, you should not smoke and throw cigarette butts at will, and set off fireworks and firecrackers in compliance with local laws and regulations. In addition, it is forbidden to set off fireworks and firecrackers in Beijing, please consciously abide by the relevant regulations.
Ⅳ. Advice for Students Staying Abroad
Please strengthen personal protection to avoid being infected. Please do not travel to areas at risk of the epidemic unless necessary. Students who have not been vaccinated must be vaccinated as soon as possible. In principle, students should get fully vaccinated as soon as possible.
Please keep in close contact with your tutor and host institute, and conscientiously complete the tasks of course study and scientific research where conditions permit. For students who are willing to suspend, extend their study period or drop out, please submit application to your host institutes in time to go through the relevant procedures.
You will be notified as soon as possible if there are any changes in the policy of study visa in China.
Ⅴ、Emergency Contact Information:
International Students Office, UCAS: 13426292124
General Duty Room, UCAS: 18511561591
Psychological Assistance, UCAS: 4006525580
Traffic Police: 122
Fire alarm: 119
First Aid: 120/999
International Students Office
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
January 5, 2022